Reviewing the film

 Today I asked my friend who also has experience in film to review mine. He gave some very insightful advice that I will consider. Overall, he thought the film was very good, however there was some advice he gave to me about the editing portion of it. To start, my friend told me to be diverse in editing. He told me alot of what was used was very repetitive and distracting to the plot at hand. Specifically, the transitions were often the same. My friend told me I could benefit from using different transitions, like fades or swipes. Also, my transitions should match the mood or pace of the film. For example, if the film is coming to an end, a fade would be a nice additive to indicate the the film is concluded. Or, If I want a seem less transition between two scenes, a jump cut might also accomplish this task. The point that my friend made is valid, the transitions match the mood and pace of the film. Another suggestion after reviewing the film was in regards to the sound. I was told to lower the volume of music used. This is necessary in hearing the dialouge between the main characters in the film. However, the music in the film arose an unexpected problem for our group. After taking copy-wright music into consideration, my group wasn't able to get the usage rights from the artist of our desired music. To cope, I decided to use copy wright free music, that still matches the tone of our film and its genre. Overall, I know I have some edits to do regarding the transitions and score of my film. Although we are happy with the (almost) end result, and look forward to the final publishing of our short film! Hopefully, I am able to fix these minor hiccups and result in a more polished film.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Film, website, and postcard!!

Final edit changes to the film!

Genre research: Thriller