lots of editing work


 
Today was a long day of editing my short film. First, I took the time to organize all my material before diving into the assembly process. This involved tagging and sorting each clip by content and purpose. I then imported all my footage into Imovie, which allowed me to easily view and edit each clip. One of the first things I did was a draft of the entire film. It just involved putting all the footage together in the order I thought it would appear. While watching the rough cut, I made notes on what parts of the film needed improvement. Some scenes were too long or short, while others had to be rearranged. I started polishing the rough cut by cutting clips and rearranging scenes. This process was time consuming, but allowed us to test different ideas and find the best angle for the film. I also added sound effects and music to enhance the overall feel and tone of the film. This involved finding and selecting suitable songs that fit the style and genre of the film. One of the hardest parts of the editing process was deciding which shots to keep and which to cut. I had to keep asking myself if every shot was necessary for the story and if it added value to the film. I also had to pay attention to continuity and make sure the material flows smoothly from one shot to the next. I experimented with different tempos and timings to make the film more interesting. I adjusted the speed of certain shots and added slow motion effects to add tension or highlight certain moments. Another important aspect of the editing process was color grading. This involved adjusting the colors and tones of each image to create a cohesive and cohesive visual style. When I finished the film, I started to focus more on the details. This included fine-tuning sound levels, adding transitions between scenes, and adjusting text and graphics. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Film, website, and postcard!!

Final edit changes to the film!

Genre research: Thriller