Final edit changes to the film!

 Today I took my friends advice, and made some edits to our film. These will be the final changes before the film is complete! First, I searched on YouTube for copy wright free music. This took an awful long time, because my group is picky on having the perfect scores. I wanted a score that is dramatic and has a sad tone. But, I also wanted a score that showed a suspenseful tone. I wanted this variety to show contrast in the film. Something my friend suggested, because contrast leads the audience through highs and lows, resulting in a more exciting, involving film. After finding my desired scores, I switched them out in the scenes that I desired. I also remembered to lower the volume of the underlining score track. This was another suggestion made, so the dialogue by the actors is heard clear. Now it was time to move on to the transitions. This was the last change I made to the film before it was complete. I realized that most of the transitions used were repetitive, specifically many cuts. So, I picked out some new transitions through iMovie that matched the pace of the film. When a scene resolves, or moves on to a new location, I added a fade to show progress in the film. Although, when a scene carried through, or needed a sudden switch to another shot, I added a jump cut. At the end of the film I also added a fade, to hint that the film was coming to a conclusion. Finally, I added swipes. Swipes also diversify the film by showing a similar purpose to the fade. To progress through the plot, rather than to continue on with a shot. After this, our short film was complete!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Film, website, and postcard!!

Genre research: Thriller